YOU WILL NEED
- white felt
- black embroidery thread
- pink embroidery thread
- green embroidery thread
- white sewing thread
- a small white pom-pom
- Cut out two bunny shapes from felt.
- Decorate the shapes on opposite sides, using one or two strands of embroidery thread.
- Stitch small eyes, using black embroidery thread. One or two stitches using 2 strands of thread will give your bunny a friendly look!
- Blanket-stitch the two pieces together with white cotton, starting with a few strong ‘over and over’ stitches at the base to strengthen.
- When you reach the ears, leave them loose and just make a few tiny stitches across the head until you reach the other side of the body. Continue to stitch down the bunny’s back, and make a few strong ‘over and over’ stitches to secure at the base.
- Stitch on the pom-pom for a tail.
- Add a pink nose and whiskers.
Jo Pillinger lives in Bristol, where she runs Craftpod, a crafting and stitching subscription box inspired by nature and the seasons.
This craft feature was originally published in JUNO Spring 2019.